I do a lot of teaching.
– teaching my kids to read
– teaching multiplication tables
– teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ
– teaching to ride a bike
– teaching how to ski moguls
– teaching how to be an adult
– teaching …
Teaching an OFS is SO much easier than teaching kids!
Here’s how I teach and train:
1. If it’s a skill they already have, I ask for a plan first.
How would they implement this?
What are the steps?
What kind of content will they create?
How will they accomplish the task?
2. I go over the plan and make modifications according to how it fits my business and my understanding and goals.
3. I ask them to do the initial implementation and then show me their work.
4. I give feedback.
5. Repeat steps 3-5.
Rarely does it happen perfectly the first time. Steps 3-5 happen over and over again.
Usually…I mean, I’d say 98% of the time…the feedback is done in screen recording using Snagit.
Here’s a video I made for one of my OFS. She’s one of my Content Specialists. She often writes this newsletter. But there is so much more going on.
She posts the newsletter to my blog.
Then she gets the URL of the future blog post and adds it to the newsletter.
These need to happen before anything is live.
When the podcast for that blog post is ready, she publishes it and links to it.
Here’s my actual training for part of what we’re doing. I show this just so you know how I work with OFS.
After doing it, I realized I left some things out.
I need to talk about the timing of publishing the posts. Timing of adding the links is also important.
I’ll make another video and explain it to her.
The magic of Snagit is it’s super easy to share the video you just made.
It’s also super easy to add more: just make another video.
And, if you set it up correctly, you’ll never lose a training you create. It amazes me how often training or feedback from years ago gets referenced in our work.
This is so prevalent that my team regularly sends me screenshots or videos now.
You’ll notice the videos above are from 2021.
– nothing has changed with how I do this since then.
– the videos are still available because of how I set up Snagit. Training never goes away unless it’s not relevant anymore, then it naturally just disappears because we stop referencing it.
Don’t have the time to train? No worries. We have a training library you can use at VAsMadeEasy.com