In this case study Tim lays out his hiring process really well.
It’s not the same way I do it, but it works for him.
Everyone is different. Figure out what works for you and stick with it.
File Download: MP3 Audio, ~13.13Kb — File Download: 105.22 KB iPhone/iPod
Summary of Success Story with Tim
- 0:52 – his business is web design, social media marketing, local search optimization, and reputation management
- 1:20 – 3 Filipinos working in their business
- 1:58 – Tim’s interview process
- 2:28 – contact via skype
- 3:14 – tests their English
- 3:38 – good internet connection
- 4:05 – expects proper and consistent reporting
- 4:25 – willingness to be on skype during working hours Everyone is different. Find what works for you!
- 6:15 – willingness to learn and share ideas
- 7:15 – Part-time vs Full-time
- 8:54 – how Tim trains his Filipino VA’s
- 9:30 – using GoToMeeting, Jing, and recorded videos with Camtasia
- 10:40 – skills Tim looks for (English, WordPress, link building, video editing, directory submission, graphic design)
- 12:55 – Tim likes to have some things done in the USA, not in the Philippines
- 14:00 – Different personalities do things differently. Figure out what works for you.
- 15:15 – Figure out what you really want to get done before you hire.
- 15:45 – Daily communication! So important
- 18:10 – Have realistic expectations
If you have an Outsourcing Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and Iâ€™ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
We at india are well versed in performing any of IT related Outsorced task.
You can contact me @ singhalyogi22 at gmail.com
your blog really help me a lot
Hello.This article was really interesting, particularly since I was searching for thoughts on this issue last Thursday.