This is a great case study of how Derrel has used outsourcing to succeed in providing local business marketing services.
Derral has done a great job in setting up his business with outsourcing.
The quality of the video is pretty bad. The audio is much better.
It’s surprisingly difficult to get good video+audo recording in today’s world.
File Download: MP3 Audio, ~27mb MB — File Download: iPhone/iPod Version
Here’s a summary of the case study.
- 1:15 – He does website design, programming, and SEO for people.
- 1:55 – the joys of internet connection problems
- 2:25 – problems with hiring local people to do the work for you
- 2:50 – Cultural differences with India
- 3:30 – A “Yes” in India isn’t the same as a “Yes” in the USA
- 5:20 – Copying and Pasting an email template
- 6:00 – How he filters people in hiring (this is really good)
- 8:00 – His experience giving a first task
- 8:45 – How much writing is possible…just don’t expect this
- 10:15 – Looking for a technical person (HTML, PHP, CSS)
- 11:00 – Giving leeway
- 11:25 – Another Filipino going above and beyond
- 12:15 – When Derral realized he had replaced himself
- 13:00 – Don’t find a jack-of-all-trades
- 14:10 – Kinds of people to hire <<– Video quality gets much better here
- English Writer
- Technical person (programmer)
- 16:20 – how to test a programmer
- 17:30 – PHP is a more important skill than “WordPress programming”
- Graphic designer
- SEO (he talks about this at 25:55)
- Video Editing and video marketing (he talks about this at 26:20)
- 19:00 – filling their downtime to generate passive income
- 21:55 – Keeping people in stable work so they don’t look for other work
- 22:40 – Letting them finish something before starting something new
- 23:45 – What you can do when you have a programmer working for you
- 24:25 – Not outsourcing keyword research
- 26:45 – SEO takes time!!!
- 27:00 – How we both haven’t outsourced social media yet (if you have, please contact me!)
- 28:12 – When to get a project manager
- 30:00 – How much to be involved with the project manager
- 30:50 – using screen capture will make your life easier
- 31:40 – TREAT YOUR PEOPLE WELL!!!
- 32:30 – Giving praise
- 33:00 – Specific hiring tips (and an interruption)
- 34:00 – Contract work (freelancers) doesn’t work as well as hiring full-time
- 36:40 – Video works great for getting exactly what you want done
- 37:00 – Going from sceptic to success story!
If you have a Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).
This is awesome! am about to do this lol thank you for all the great info!
It's definitely something you have to look out for, but there are ways around this.
I have 10 people working for me. I hired one last week. I've never hired a company or an outsourced team on accident.
I think you do have to be careful. Pre-screen people. When something seems odd to you, it probably is.
"whoever takes the time to put time stamps" is me!
I'd outsource it, but I'm trying to pick out the most important pieces and I feel like for that to be most helpful to people, it needs to be me!
what do you think someone would say to that
some genuinely marvelous work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great written content .
Outsourcing is the future
outsourcing is key in this age of selling