Dean has a full-time job in the Aerospace industry.
At the same time he is running a 6-figure side business by outsourcing all the work.
What’s he doing?
– Web development/design
– Local Business Marketing
In this case study there are so many things to learn about using a Filipino VA for doing either one of those businesses.
One MAJOR question this case-study answers is:
“Can Filipino’s do client facing work?”
The answer is YES!
Here’s a summary of the case study:
- 2:15 – they build wordpress websites for companies
- 3:30 – time spent and what he does as a “web development” company
- 5:00 – what they charge people to do websites
- 6:33 – how many people he has working for him in the Philippines
- 6:55 – how much he pays people
- 7:40 – paying bonuses to his Filipino employees
- 8:25 – NEVER tell other people your Filipino employee’s name
- 9:00 – Can Filipino’s do client facing work?
- 9:50 – What his Filipino workers are doing in his business
- 10:30 – His VA creates training videos for him for his customers
- 11:20 – Hiring a technical person and teaching them technical things
- 13:22 – What skills to look for when hiring a technical person
- 14:00 – Hiring for WordPress skills and for English skills
- 15:40 – Dean’s hiring process – mostly in writing
- 16:12 – Posting a job on OnlineJobs.ph
- 17:00 – How to tell how good their english is!!!
- 18:00 – Skills to look for: PHP, Mysql, AJAX
- 20:00 – Using Google Apps to give them emails from your company
- 21:30 – He uses Basecamp to manage projects because his customers find it easiest
- 23:00 – Doing what you’re good at THEN building niche sites
- 24:30 – Building a team with what you’re good at
- 25:25 – Being the CEO of your business
- 26:00 – Last words: Use ReplaceMyself.com
- 27:00 – Your VA’s will become your friends.
You can find Dean’s podcast on Small Business Ideas and Tips on iTunes.